Mississippi Construction Accident Lawyers
Staying safe in a dangerous profession
It is no secret that construction sites are full of potential hazards for both workers and passers-by. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 300,000 injuries and over 1,000 deaths occur at construction sites every year. But despite their danger, construction projects are necessary to urban development and building maintenance.
Construction companies are required to protect their workers by providing them with ample protection and thoughtful planning. But accidents do happen, and while some occur under perfectly adequate safety conditions, others result from faulty equipment, defective materials, or employee carelessness. When negligence leads to injuries at a site, the Mississippi construction accident attorneys of Corban Gunn Van Cleave help victims seek compensation for their injuries.
Types of construction accidents
Towering heights and powerful, destructive machinery are just two factors that can contribute to the often-extreme injuries associated with construction sites. Common types of construction accidents and injuries include the following:
- Caught in/under/between—One or more body parts becomes stuck, pinched, crushed, or squeezed in or by equipment, machinery, or a structure.
- Fall from a height—A worker falls off a ladder, scaffold, roof, or other elevated structure.
- Same level fall—Slips, trips, or falls onto non-elevated surfaces.
- Struck by/against—A worker (or his or her body part) collides with machinery or equipment, or a falling or moving object strikes a worker.
- Motor vehicle accidents—Accidents involving construction vehicles, or traffic accidents that occur at or around construction sites.
- General musculoskeletal injuries—Damage to the legs, knees, ankles, feet, back, neck, or arms that workers sustain due to overexerting, kneeling, squatting, lifting, overextension, awkward postures, hand pinching/gripping/vibration, or other repetitive motions.
When to consult with a Mississippi construction accident attorney
Construction workers injured on the job are eligible for workers compensation benefits. But when injuries occur due to negligence (or suspected negligence), or are the result of intentional wrongdoing, victims may be able to obtain further compensation. Additionally, victims of the most serious injuries, such as the following, often qualify for disability benefits.
- Head injuries/brain injuries/TBI
- Cumulative traumas
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe wounds
- White Finger Syndrome
- Wrongful death
Put the experience of proven attorneys on your side
Have you suffered injury at a construction site and need to speak to an attorney in Mississippi? We can help. After a serious personal injury, financial loss, or insured loss, you need an injury lawyer who knows how to present your best case in court. We can begin to evaluate your case today. Contact Corban Gunn Van Cleave to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve Gulfport, Biloxi, and all of Mississippi.